Instead of the usual tomato salsa try jazzing it up with mango and papaya. This mango and papaya salsa is refreshing and goes well with fish, chicken and tortilla chips.
- 3 ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1- 2lbs ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cilantro or basil
- 1/4 cup slivered almond
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbs lemon or lime juice
- Mix fruits well; sprinkle with the coconut and slivered almonds. Put in a refrigerator for an hr
- In a small bowl, blend the mayonnaise, cilantro and lemon juice
- Top the salad with the dressing just before serving.
Served on top of fish or rice
Serves 4-6 people