If you talk to any Belizean they will tell you that their best breakfast must consist of some Fry Jacks . A Fry Jack is a flour tortilla dough mixture that is deep fried. It’s perfect alongside refried beans and scramble eggs. Yum!
Here’s one of many recipes:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 pint of cooking or coconut oil
1. Combine flour, salt and baking powder.
2. Add coconut milk and mix.
3. Knead dough for 1 min until smooth. Cover and set aside for 15 mins
4. Separate into balls (about 8) and roll out thinly into a round tortilla shape. (The thinner you roll them, the puffier they will be.) Cut in slits.
5. Deep fry in hot cooking or coconut oil, turning once until golden brown on both sides.